19 September 2012
I have a unique laughter. I've lived all my life with it. It's an inseparable part of me and I take pride in it.
There are different kinds of laughter, though. Sometimes coy, sometimes social, and a special few times a distinctly loud, boisterous, prosperous laughter. One that does scare some. Only some, though. Most times, ppl laugh after they hear me laughing.
Attention shifts from the joke/ situation in point to - oh man! Listen to her laugh.
I realized I had this quaint laughter in my early school days. When I noticed that it totally stood out. I used to be worried about the reactions to the laughter back then when I was naive, insecure and struggling to find my identity...
Over the years I realized how my laughter is my best medicine. Some people adore it. Some admire. Some are shocked each time.
The ones that mean the world to me love my laughter as much as they love me. Whole heartedly... Some of these dear ones are extremely sophisticated, high society types. Yet they enjoy with me even when I break out with the loudest laugh in a super fine dining restaurant... They tease me too, but in a way I can enjoy it too...
Several pretense, acquaintances and sad to say colleagues are embarrassed in their deepest nerve when they hear me laugh.
If you know you are one of those, here's what I have to say to you in this context:
- Fuck off.
- If you can't deal with me when I'm laughing, don't even come near my vicinity
- If you're embarrassed, please be so
- If you think I need therapy - I feel bad for you. I wish I could show you how much your pretense model of the world sucks
- If you want to make annoying jokes like - "Un husband gaali", "Do you wake up in the middle of the night and laugh?", "What would happen if she laughs while they're having sex", "Do you laugh in your dreams?" - remember, everytime you say stuff like this you earn my curses.
- There's a very thin line between humor and insult.
- You might have tons of filth in you that other people hate.
You don't choose your voice tone, your parents, your looks, the way you sneeze, the tone of your laughter etc. God makes you this way.
To those genuine, sweet people of the world - Don't let anyone take away your Essence.
And there will always be people who will love you for the person you are.
Everyone else can fuck off.