12 February 2007

Coll life, at a glance...



No particular reason, but I jus realized I end up blogging everytime I want to rant... For a change, I choose to look at the other side of the hedge...

Despite the fact that college (more specifically my department) assumes it has the birthright of converting human-beings into load-carrying donkeys, there still are some things I owe due to credit to college for:

Internship:
I’d never have had the opportunity to be exposed to the world of glamour, fashion shows, event management, buying-eggs-for-your-boss and carrying-your-boss’s-bag kinda situations, but for my internship at Iris, thanks to college! This was followed by a very professional HR-career management-employee empowerment, 9-6 office, team meetings, deadlines kinda job at OfficeTiger... again, thanks to college! If this had not been a part of curriculum, work-life would still have been something I hadn’t laid my hands on... I’ve built for myself, a lovely social circle as well… I know better now, about what I my career should be like…

MOP bazaar:
This is perhaps one of the BEST things that MOP does for us… This venture has boosted the confidence I had in myself.. Exposed me to the joy of doing business… Some day, I’d like to set up my own business.. I will… Someday….

Presentations:
Nisi, Shooti and me have done the most number of presentations in my opinion.. and I KNOW that my presentation skills have improved with every presentation we’ve made so far… I’ve learnt a good deal from Nisi and Shooti… We’re three over-pressurized souls but somehow, we manage to pull it off really well… this completely offsets for the hard times that we have pre-presentations…

Culturals:
Nisi and I have sentiments attached to college culturals… We breathe music for a whole month before we get on stage… and we rock! Atleast, we used to! Thanks to our super-seniors…

Apart from the above that have helped me develop myself, I’ve learnt a lot of important lessons during these three years:
 People walk in and out of your life; move on unabashed.
 EVERYONE backbites, bitches; get used to it.
 Jealousy is inevitable; ignore it.
 Sometimes, people are DIFFICULT; become tolerant.
 It’s okay to be rude, sometimes.
 People take advantage of you; be assertive.
 It’s not a bad thing to be a bitch at times.
 Sometimes, people are artificially sweet; play along if you have to.

It’s almost over now… 3 whole years… and it did go by real quick… It’s time already where we’re all busy filling each one’s slam books (I should probably call it college memory books), blogging about college reminiscences, planning farewell, planning future, a time where you just fix your gaze on a friend of yours and you’re lost in thought with of the hazaar instances you’ve yelled, cursed, laughed with each other… Yes, college life is over, for all of us.. Sometimes it feels like its sunk in… Sometimes, I really don’t know if I’m ready to digest the uncertainty that stands before me…

I really dunno if I’m gonna miss college per se; I miss school…. But college? I dunno yet..

My dear college friends (more specifically nisi icy taki shooti sangee sandy swa arch) – Here’s hoping we keep in touch, for years to come (to whatever extent possible practically)… We’ve had some wonderful times together.. also, times when we’ve wanted to strangle each other… nevertheless, lets carry happy memories and move on… Here’s hoping all of you life a lovely life… Someday, we’ll all bump into each other and cry or laugh our hearts out, reminiscing these days…..

Cheers to all you guys, who’ve made me cry and put a smile on my face in all these years…

**Hugs**
Me :)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

i soooooooooo agree with your "important lessons"!!

survival of the fittest, after all!

Am I Who said...

@cheri
**smiles**