20 January 2009

Divinity personified

Few people emanate energy than can melt your thickest bone down to powder in split seconds… We place spiritual leaders and living Gods’ on a different pedestal all together, for there’s something extremely positive and an out-of-the-ordinary feeling that you experience, when you are in their midst…

I’ve been blessed infinitely to be around one such person, who is most certainly Goddess Saraswathi’s male incarnation… I can spend the rest of my life at his feet, listening to miracles he creates with his heavenly veena…

I don’t remember what brought me to his concert, at first… I knew I was in for a musical treat… Little did I expect to be transported into a state of numbness… Tears froze and I just sat there, unable to move a limb…. For weeks after that magical evening, I was unable to keep my mind off the reverberations his soul created that transcended all forms music I’ve ever heard… I spent sleepless, restless nights drunken on his music… Divine, to the say the least…

Even youtube videos of sir’s music, makes me shiver… I’m right now listening to a piece that’s sending me chills all over again…

It is unquestionably an experience of a lifetime to watch him weave magic with those fervent fingers… As if the aura he exuberates is not enough, he has an absolutely stellar team of musicians who complement his performance perfectly without overshadowing his touches, one bit… Coordination, precision and timing can’t get more perfect. Every beat keeps you on your toes. I’m always all nervous, holding my heart in my hand, wondering what’s coming up next. And no, even if he’s playing the same piece in two concerts, you cannot tell which performance was better. Each time, he unfolds absolutely unexpected elements and puts you in a state of euphoria yet again…

I feel like an ant when I meet him. Nervous, sometimes… But it’s amazing how he puts you at ease… One of the most chill persons, I’ve ever met… Absolutely no airs about himself.. Unassuming and bubbling with positive energy all the time… Oh so humble… He appreciates… He talks to you like you’re a girl next door… Sometimes, it makes me want to pinch myself to believe he’s as humble as he is…

I don’t think my words can do any justice in describing how superlative a person he is or each of his concerts are…

Rajhesh Vaidhya Sir, I know you will be reading this… Here’s my way of telling you, that I worship you and your music… I will always crave to hear more of you… I apologize profusely for not being able to attend all of your concerts this season… I will make up for it in your concerts to come…

Although I’m way younger than you, I will pray for God’s choicest blessings on you. May the world hear more and more of your music everlastingly… Please continue to brighten lives of your devout fans like me…

I seek your blessings…

Megha


Here's a piece from the Veena God Rajhesh Vaidhya, taken from his performance at Chennaiyil Thiruvaiyaru...

No comments: